- We are going to install Maven 3.3.9. So make sure you have JDK 7 installed.
- Set JAVA_HOME env variable to above JDK. For me it is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79
- Also I am using Windows 7.
How to install Maven on Windows
- Download Maven zip file from their official site. We are going to install Maven 3.3.9. So go ahead download the corresponding zip file - apache-maven-3.3.9-bin.zip
- Unzip it to some folder. I have extracted it in folder - C:\Users\athakur\Softwares\apache-maven-3.3.9
- Now add M2_HOME and MAVEN_HOME environment variable and point them to your extracted folder.
- Append your %PATH% variable to add %M2_HOME%\bin
- Make sure your JAVA_HOME is set to JDK 7 as per note below.
- Finally you can execute mvn -version to see if maven is successful installed.
NOTE : Maven 3.3 requires JDK 1.7 or above to execute. Maven 3.2 requires JDK 1.6 or above, while Maven 3.0/3.1 requires JDK 1.5 or above