Subversion, Git, Mercurial and others support three-way merges (combining mine, theirs, and the "base" revision) and support graphical tools to resolve conflicts.
Which tool do we use ? In this post I will show how can we install KDiff3.
It is an open source cross platform tool.
- Download the Kdiff3 tar file from the sourceforge repos, then extract the tar file. The sourceforge link for the Kdiff3 project.
- Extract the tar.gz file using tar command
tar -xzf kdiff3-0.9.98.tar.gz
- Make sure you have QT4 installed . If not installed you can install it with following command -
sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev
- After extracting go into the “src-QT4″ directory and compile
sudo make install
- Now you should be able to launch the program by typing kdiff3 in the console.